The master of Counselling from Athabasca University is a 36-credit online graduate program. You must complete at least 24 credits through Athabasca University.
In addition to core courses in the fundamentals of counselling psychology, you will choose a specialization from one of three areas:
- Art Therapy
- Counselling Psychology
- School Counselling
- Models of Counselling and Client Change
- Professional Ethics
- Infusing Culture into Counselling
- Assessment Processes
- Methods of Inquiry
- Developing a Working Alliance
- 42 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Educational Psychology View 50 other Masters in Counselling in Canada
To be admitted to the MC program, applicants must have:
- an undergraduate (baccalaureate) degree, normally four years
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 in the last 10 full course equivalents (30 credits).
- a minimum of three courses* (nine credits) in psychology or educational psychology, including:a course in developmental psychology
- a course in learning psychology
- a course in counselling theories or personality theories
International1768 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 CAD per module during 42 months.
National1563 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1563 CAD per module during 42 months.
Living costs for Athabasca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students with disabilities may access traditional sources for student funding such as Student Loan and Bursary Programs.
Awards for Undergraduate, Graduate or Doctoral Programs:
These are monetary awards, usually based on academic excellence coupled with other criteria including, but not limited to, career pursuits, volunteer activity, and active community participation. Some awards also take financial need into account. For information regarding the available sums of money, please visit the website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.