Social Work degree offered at University of Salford develops critical analysis, open debate, questioning and dismantling of conceptual frameworks. If you want professional social work training founded on principles of empowerment and social justice look no further.
You will qualify as a professional social worker while gaining a master's degree.
EmploymentThis course provides the professional social work qualification which enables graduates to work in any area of social work practice, including the statutory, voluntary and private sectors.When you qualify you would enter social work which then offers you the opportunity to undertake post-qualifying training to enable you to progress in an area of social work which interests you – such as mental health or child protection. One of the joys of having a social work qualification is that there is no typical trajectory. It allows you the scope and freedom to forge your own career path in-line with your personal motivation.
- Introduction to Professional Social Work
- Human Growth and Development Across the Life Course
- Social Work Law Policy and Practice
- Safeguarding in Social Work Practice
- Understanding social work research
- Research in Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 539 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have an undergraduate honours degree normally at 2:1 or above.
- GCSE: English & Mathematics at grade C or above
- As part of the application process, you may be invited to an interview. The interview will include a written test, group activity, role play scenario, and a series of individual interview questions.
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7380 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.