Construction Law and Practice degree offered at University of Salford is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), allowing exemption from their academic entry requirements, as well as ensuring that you are educated to the highest industry standards.
There is also an MSc route available for this course.
- Learn how to conduct and communicate legal analysis with confidence and accuracy in relation to any aspect of mainstream professional construction practice
- Learn how to examine construction practice from a legal perspective, to include detailed consideration of construction contracts, tortious and multi-party liability, insurance, dispute resolution, procurement, and the environment
- Be able to assist individuals in taking effective roles in specialist construction law departments or firms
On this course, you’ll gain the legal knowledge you’ll need to perform your current role more effectively or to move into a new role relating to construction law. Construction law and practice affects professionals throughout the construction industry.
- Common law underpinning construction contracts
- Source, rationale and nature of key terms (Scope, cost, quality, time, variation)
- Contract formation
- Implication of terms
- Mistake, frustration, breach, causation and loss
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Master of Laws (LLM) View 50 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A second class undergraduate honours qualifying law degree, or
- A recognised appropriate professional legal qualification
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
International1890 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1890 GBP per module during 24 months.
National1440 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1440 GBP per module during 24 months.
*tuition fee per 30 credit modules
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.