The Master in Brain and Cognition at Pompeu Fabra University will guide students through the latest and most exciting findings brought about by the interaction between cognitive research and brain research, furnishing them with the theoretical and practical means to actively participate in this exciting enterprise.
One of the greatest challenges in science is to explain the human mind.
- the advent of revolutionary brain research methods
- great progress in behavioural research techniques
- the incredible inventiveness of many researchers, cognitive and neural sciences are finding ways to better approach this problem.
The aim of this master's programme is to offer research-oriented training in various fundamental domains of cognitive neuroscience. The programme faculty's main objective is to provide students with the training they need to understand how a scientific question becomes a topic of experimental research in cognitive neuroscience and how they could carry out this research.
Who is it for?
The master's programme will be of interest to psychologists, philosophers, MDs, biologists, linguists, mathematicians or physicists seeking to pursue a career investigating the fascinating question of how the relationship between the mind and the brain enables cognitive functions. While the programme is thus particularly apt for students who want to be trained to do research in cognitive neuroscience, it is also strongly recommended for individuals seeking to enrich their careers by obtaining a solid basis in cognitive neuroscience. Given its research orientation, the level of this one-year master's programme corresponds to the second year of a two-year master's in other international programmes. Students who are interested in the programme but do not have sufficient credits to enrol in a second-year master should contact the coordinator for further information.
- Early Human Cognition
- The Physiological Basis of Visual Perception
- Introduction to Computational Neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuroscience of Language
- Cognitive Neuroscience of Perception and Attention
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official undergraduate degree/diploma (a Bachelor's degree, a degree in engineering or architecture, technical engineering and technical architecture diplomas, or, in the case of a foreign degree, the equivalent qualification awarded by an accredited higher education institution). In addition, the official academic transcript with the average grade at the university of origin.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- A letter of motivation in English, stating the candidate's expectations and interest in participating in the master's programme (600 to 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by referees with a good knowledge of the candidate.
- Proof of English language (level B2)
- Identity Card or Passport.
International5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2906 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2906 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.