Quantity Surveying (Mechanical and Electrical) degree offered at University of Salford is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), you will be educated to the highest industry standards and are granted exemption from RICS academic entry requirements.
On successful completion of the course, you'll be closer to a role supporting the procurement and financial management of mechanical and electrical projects. Equipped with the capability to critically examine existing construction practices, you'll graduate with the skills and knowledge demanded by clients who rely on a quantity surveyor's knowledge and judgement to keep a project running smoothly.
As a qualified mechanical and electrical quantity surveyor, you could find employment in the building sector or in specialist fields such as the nuclear industry. Due to the current skills shortage in the UK for quantity surveyors with expertise in mechanical and electrical installations, graduate employment statistics for this course are high. Due to the increased importance of sustainability, new roles are emerging for the mechanical and electrical quantity surveyors in renewable energy, low carbon technologies and energy management.
- Contractual frameworks
- Procuring design and construction services
- Partnering strategies
- Supply chain management
- Supplier appraisal
- E procurement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Risk Management View 369 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- Applicants for of this course must have a minimum of a second class honours degree.
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
International15030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15030 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8640 GBP per year during 24 months.
- £1,440 per 30 credits
- UK: £1,440 per 30 credits
- International: £1,890 per 30 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.