Become An Expert In Health Risk Assessment
We come into contact with a vast number of chemical, biological, and physical agents that could do us harm. These agents are present in the air we breathe, the water we drink, and even the food we eat.
We encounter them when we travel, when we work or when we use consumer goods such as cosmetics or electrical equipment. Determining the source of these risks, and quantifying their effects, requires collaboration by experts across a host of different disciplines.
Why you should study the Toxicology and Environmental Health programme at Utrecht University ?
- Gain the knowledge to perform a multidisciplinary risk assessment by making use of toxicological and epidemiological data.
- Learn to understand the biological, chemical, and physical environmental health hazards, both indoors and outdoors, as well as their potential impact on human health.
- It provides the freedom to define your own Master’s programme. Choose your own internships and electives in any subject.
- Follow your Master’s programme at UMC Utrecht, one of the largest academic medical centers in the Netherlands with state-of-the-art facilities.
Compose your own master’s programme
The multidisciplinary nature of our programme means that you will have the possibility to specialise in a particular field or undertake more generalist training in risk assessment. Decide to take part in experimental laboratory research within various fields of toxicology such as neurotoxicology, immunotoxicology or endocrinel toxicology. Interested in undertaking practical field work?
Select an environmental or occupational exposure assessment and engage in activities such as collection and in-depth analysis of samples taken from a variety of sources or exposure modelling .
Completion of this Master’s programme will provide you with a strong research background and a broad basic knowledge in both toxicology, environmental epidemiology, exposure assessment, and risk assessment. These will enable you to pursue a career in academia (a PhD) or in more applied directions including R&D (research and development), communication, or consultancy.
The fact that you have had the chance to acquire extensive experience in doing research independently in a major and minor research project will make you an attractive candidate for a position in the field of toxicology and environmental health or life sciences in general anywhere in the world.
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Principles in Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Effects Assessment in Toxicology and Environmental Epidemiology
- Environmental Epidemiology
- Exposure Science
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesToxicology Health Sciences Environmental Sciences View 97 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s programmes that most likely meet the requirements are: Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Medicine, Veterinary sciences, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or other relevant Science programme.
- Relevant knowledge, insight and skills. Basic knowledge in statistics and in depth knowledge and insight in the field of toxicology and epidemiology.
- Academic performance. Overall score (GPA, average grade, grading tables), and grades for relevant courses.
- High level of academic competences.
- Personal competences
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20715 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20715 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.