On successfully completing the BPP University's Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), you will be eligible to be called to the Bar of England and Wales (subject to meeting the qualifying session requirement of your Inn of Court).
- Learn from experienced practitioners who can help develop your legal career and have links to chambers
- Create your own competitive niche with our wide selection of optional modules - more than any other provider
- Advocacy and conference skills taught consistently in groups of four, using professional actors
- Top up your BPTC to a full Master’s degree, free of charge, by completing additional modules
- Gain practical legal work experience through our award-winning Pro Bono Centre and BPTC internship schemes
- Flexible study to suit your commitments – learn full-time or part-time in our UK study centres
- Access expert careers advice, guidance with pupillage applications and interview support through our Careers Service
- Our Career Guarantee - secure pupillage within six months of completing your BPTC or study another course for free, including our LPC
Preparing you for practice
The focus of our BPTC is practical experience and application, with particular focus placed on advocacy. Our practitioner tutors are highly experienced and retain close links with the profession, or are also trainers used by the Inns of Court.
Many still practice and are routinely engaged in activities such as training police detectives in mock homicide cases, and training qualified lawyers in countries such as Turkey, China, Albania and Rwanda.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Ethics
- Civil Litigation, Evidence and Remedies
- Criminal Litigation, Evidence and Sentencing
- Opinion Writing
- Resolution of Disputes out of Court
- Conference Skills
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 444 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Strong academic profile and achievement
- Evidence of good written communication skills
- Evidence of good oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a career as a barrister
- Demonstrated commitment to studying with BPP University
- Any special circumstances revealed in your application
International12620 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12620 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
EU/EEA12620 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12620 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are a number of awards & scholarships available to BPTC students for September.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.