The Education - Post-compulsory programme at the Oxford Brookes University includes further education colleges and adult education. Successful completion of the course leads to QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills) status, equivalent to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The part-time course can only be studied at one of our partner colleges and is for those employed as teachers and trainers in the education and training sector - this might be in further education:
- higher education
- the health service
- adult and community education
- the prison service
- the armed forces
- private training providers.
We have strong links with local partner colleges offering excellent employment prospects for students.
- Introduction to Teaching
- Educational Theories in Learning and Teaching
- Digital Literacies
- Developing Practice Through Research
- Curriculum Design for Diversity
- Contextualising Policy within a Subject Specialism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy View 75 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE: GCSE English and Maths grade 4-5 are required prior to entry.
- Applicants are welcome from any academic discipline that is taught in FE or post-compulsory education and training.
- Admission is open to those with a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent) or other professional / vocational qualification relevant to the subject you wish to teach.
International15199 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15199 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.