Key features of the course
- Suitable if you already work with children and young people, or hope to do so
- Explores diverse perspectives on childhood and youth and strategies designed to promote their welfare
- Examines the links between theory and practice, with a strong emphasis on your own context.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any point, or study the whole programme.
This Postgraduate Certificate in Integrated Practice in Childhood and Youth qualification from The Open University UK will be attractive to anyone with a personal or professional interest in exploring different aspects of children and young people’s worlds.
It is aimed at those who are graduates and seeking to advance academically and professionally, as well as those with a related degree but not currently working with children and young people. It also enables those with a related degree but not currently working with children and young people to move into the profession and will help those people considering a move between professions within the sector.
The content of the qualification will be particularly relevant to graduates working with children or young people, for example in early years provision, education, social work, nursing, healthcare, youth work, youth justice or the voluntary sector.
Programme StructureCompulsory module:
- Children and young people’s worlds
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Sociology View 28 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- You must have a bachelors degree from a UK University (or equivalent) to study this course. Your degree can be in any subject, although childhood and youth studies, sociology, health and social care, anthropology, psychology or education are particularly relevant.
- Your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you will need a minimum score of 7 under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!