Explore The Intersection Of Basic And Clinical Research
Learn to translate a disease into a scientifically sound experiment or model or the other way around. Expand your knowledge concerning the disease or build bridges towards therapeutic leads by studying underlying mechanisms of the disease.
Become an expert of cardiovascular diseases
We offer the option to put additional focus on cardiovascular diseases by following our cardiovascular track. It’s an excellent preparation to flow smoothly towards the PhD programme Cardiovascular Research.
Career prospects include scientific research, science journalism, and education along with jobs in the private, public or non-profit sectors. Depending on the career perspectives that appeal to you most, you can choose between different profiles.
Graduates find PhD positions in:
- The Graduate School of Life Sciences-PhD programmes, in particular Cardiovascular Research
- National and international institutions partnered with Utrecht University research institutes
- Various other national and international institutes
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology of Disease - Infection and Immunity
- Biomolecular and Cellular Cardiology
- Cardiac Regenerative Medicine
- Cardiovascular Immunology
- Essentials of Neuroscience
- Kick off Biology of Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 27 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s programmes that most likely meet the requirements are: Biomedical Sciences or other Life sciences, Medical Biology, Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, (Veterinary) Medicine with relevant science education.
- Relevant knowledge, insight and skills.
- Academic Performance: overall score (average grade, grading tables), and high grades for relevant courses.
- High level of academic competences
- Personal competences
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.