Your stochastic processes project at Stochastic Processes - Theory and Application programme from Swansea University will be shaped by participation in research activities such as seminars, workshops, laboratory activity and field work, as well as your involvement in one of our established research groups.
Our research groups include:
- Algebra and Topology
Areas of interest – noncommutative geometry, categorical methods in algebra and topology, homotopy theory and homological algebra.
- Analysis and Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations Areas of interest – reaction-diffusion and reaction-diffusion-convection, equations and systems, Navier–Stokes equations in fluid dynamics.
- Stochastic Analysis Areas of interest – functional inequalities and applications, Lévy-type processes, stochastic modelling of fractal, multifractal and multiscale systems.
- Mathematical methods in Biology and Life Sciences Areas of interest – mathematical pharmacology; heat and mass transfer models for plant cooling; modelling cellular signal transduction dynamics, mathematical oncology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics at Swansea hosts one of the strongest research groups in probability theory in the UK, especially in stochastic processes. Senior members of the group are world leaders in their fields.
- Your work will be supported by expert staff and state-of-the-art facilities. This includes our new £32.5m Computational Foundry for computer and mathematical sciences.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 192 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK - £ 2,250
- Non-EU - £ 9,300
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.