The Screening - Staging Europe (by Research) programme from Swansea University represents a highly respected qualification which can present a pathway to a career in academia or widen your scope for employment in fields such as education, government or the private sector.
Your project will take one year full-time or two years part-time. It is suitable if you want to undertake a first research degree as an isolated culmination of taught studies, or if you are considering further research.
You will submit a thesis of up to 40,000 words, demonstrating original research. This is followed by an oral examination of the thesis (a viva voce examination, or viva).
If you want to develop an individual expertise in European drama and cinema, this programme could be ideal. Our specialisms span from Bertolt Brecht’s Epic Theatre to German Expressionism and French Surrealism, as well as the key auteurs of European cinema.
You have the chance to acquire and apply language skills through projects investigating the romance languages of French, Italian and Spanish, as well as their associated drama and cinema.
This Masters programme will provide students with:
- The opportunity to conduct high quality postgraduate research in a world leading research environment.
- Key skills needed to undertake advanced academic and non-academic research including qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Advanced critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and independent judgement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This MA by Research in Screening/Staging Europe at Swansea will enable you to undertake a research project led by your own interests.
- It is a highly respected qualification which can enable a future career in academia or a wider scope for employment in fields such as education, government or the private sector.
- A thesis of 40,000 words will be submitted for assessment demonstrating original research with a substantive contribution to the subject area.
- The Masters is examined following an oral examination of the thesis (a viva voce examination or viva).
- You will acquire research skills for high-level work and skills and training programmes are available on campus for further support.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media European Studies Theatre & Dance View 349 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should hold or expect to achieve a minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1), or equivalent, in a related subject or hold relevant work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK&EU students: £ 2,250
- International students: £ 7,700
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.