Psychotherapy & Counselling - Certificate at Regent's University London offers the chance to learn fundamental counselling skills or build on those you already have. You will be provided with an introduction to a broad range of approaches, and will have the chance to put your learning into practice. It is also the required first step for those who wish to proceed to a professional training and become a registered psychotherapist or counsellor.
You will acquire a broad conceptual background in psychotherapy and counselling theory. This involves studying a range of models, including:
This is combined with the study of philosophical and spiritual perspectives from a range of different cultures.
You will be encouraged to critically engage with each of these theories and to develop your own approach. This will require you to question you own beliefs and assumptions, and to reflect on your personal emotional growth throughout the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Way of Working: An Overview of Humanistic Therapy
- An Introduction to the Work of Carl Rogers
- Introduction to Gestalt Therapy: The Work of Fritz Perls
- The Body in Humanistic Therapy
- Describing Ourselves: The Fundamentals of Phenomenology
- Power, Gender and Race in Therapy
- Society, Biology and Reality
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 252 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copies of academic transcripts and certificates from all university studies (i.e. undergraduate degree)
- One letter of academic recommendation
- One letter of recommendation detailing professional/clinical experience
- A copy of your CV/resumé. If this does not include details of professional/voluntary psychotherapy and counselling work experience, then please submit a separate statement detailing this experience.
- A 700-1000 word personal statement outlining your background, your reasons for applying to your chosen programme. This should demonstrate an understanding of a current issue relevant to the subject, how you feel you will benefit from the programme of study, what contributions you will make to the University and how this will help your future career aspirations.
International4400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.