This programme allows you to develop knowledge and understanding of three major psychotherapy approaches and learn how to integrate theory and practice. It also includes a year of supervised clinical practice.
You will study the following approaches to psychotherapy:
- Humanistic and Integrative
The programme provides opportunities for self-reflection and encourages the development of a personal integration of theory, practice and personal development.
In addition to the core curriculum, there is a series of Research Methods seminars designed to assist students to complete the dissertation in year 3. Our students produce high-quality research, with some having their dissertations published in academic journals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Existential-Phenomenological Approaches to Psychotherapy
- Humanistic and Integrative Approaches to Psychotherapy
- Psychoanalytic Approaches to Psychotherapy
- Contemporary Theory and Practice in Existential Psychotherapy
- Contemporary Theory and Practice in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Contemporary Theory and Practice in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Research in Psychotherapy and Counselling (Dissertation)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 708 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any discipline as well as a prior training in psychotherapy / counselling, or equivalent training in psychotherapy / counselling of a minimum of 120 hours.
- We also require at least six months’ professional experience in an allied area (such as nursing, social work, teaching, human resources or mediation) or in a voluntary capacity in a helping or supportive context or experience in a supportive role where using communication skills was paramount to the work.
- You will need to demonstrate sufficient maturity and life experience to be capable of undertaking clinical training. Experience of personal therapy is desirable, but not required.
International8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8100 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8100 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
US Financial Aid
Direct subsidised and unsubsidised loans for US citizens, as well as Direct PLUS loans for eligible US citizens and Green Card holders administered by the US Department of Education (USED) for all eligible degree programmes offered at Regent’s University London.
Fulbright Commission All-Disciplines (Open) Postgraduate Award
Awards to US citizens for the first year of Master's or PhD study in any subject, or to conduct a period of independent research, covers the first year's tuition and a living stipend.
Regent's Postgraduate Progression Scholarships
Regent's Postgraduate Progressions Scholarships reward the loyalty of undergraduate students who progress to entrol on a postgraduate degree with us. It's our way of saying thank you.
Scholarships are worth up to 15% of tuition fees. The higher your degree classification, the higher the scholarship amount you will be awarded.
- 1st class degree = 15% tuition fee reduction
- 2:1 class degree = 10% tuition fee reduction
- 2:2 class degree = 5% tuition fee reduction
Future Finance loans
Alternative loan funding for students studying at Regent's University London
Postgraduate loans - Student Finance England 2016-17
Student Finance England (SFE) is now offering funding for UK and EU nationals, as well as students with the status of Migrant Worker (under the age of 60 on the date of first class of the first Master’s degree).
Students, who already hold one Master’s degree (or an equivalent or higher-level qualification) will not be eligible.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.