You will gain in depth knowledge and skill in Existential-Phenomenological approaches to therapy which emphasise subjective lived experience and take a holistic, relational view of human nature and its predicaments. Staff at Regent’s have particular expertise in Existential approaches to psychotherapy. Trainees also learn second- and third-wave approaches to CBT as well gaining a working knowledge of psychodynamic therapy.
For the duration of the programme, you will also undertake supervised clinical placements as a trainee counselling psychologist. Throughout your placements you will keep a detailed clinical portfolio that will be regularly reviewed and discussed with your personal tutor.
Your placement may be within:
- Community mental health teams
- Drug- and alcohol-related services
- Eating disorder services
- NHS psychological services
- Primary and secondary care settings
You will also produce a piece of original doctoral research, which forms the main assessment at the end of the programme.
This programme is validated by the Open University, UK. In January 2016, a redesigned DPsych was validated by the OU and accredited by the BPS for a five-year period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive-Behavioural Approaches in Counselling Psychology
- Counselling Psychology Research
- Counselling Psychology Settings & Contexts
- Counselling Psychology Theory & Practice
- Critical Psychopathology
- Ethical & Professional Issues
- Existential Approaches in Counselling Psychology
- Working with Difference & Discrimination
- Professional Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 708 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
In accordance with the British Psychological Society’s and Health and Care Professions Council’s standards and criteria for entry, applicants to the DPsych Counselling Psychology programme at Regent’s must meet the following criteria, which will be assessed during and after the application and interview process:
- A minimum of a 2:1 or above in a psychology degree. In exceptional circumstances, for example if you already hold a master’s or a PhD, we will consider a 2:2 psychology degree award
- Your psychological degree qualification should confer eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) from the BPS.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.