International Development is a dynamic field concerned not only with processes of change in the Global South, but also of social, economic, political and cultural change in middle income countries and the Global North.
The perspective of International Development analyses these processes as interdependent and engages major policy challenges as well as efforts to overcome poverty and insecurity while also presenting a structural analysis.
This International Development (Online) programme from SOAS University of London provides a solid interdisciplinary social science formation in the political economy and sociology of development and develops students’ capacities for independent and critical analysis.
Why study online MSc Development Studies with SOAS
- we are ranked number 5 in the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Development Studies
- SOAS is ranked in the top 5 universities in the UK for producing a CEO or Managing Director, according to new research
- we are specialists within the humanities including in key topics such as international development, gender development, violence and conflict, environmental sustainability, the role of aid and trade in promoting development, as well as refugees and forced migration
- our staff have unrivalled practical knowledge across the discipline and regularly inform organisations such as the UN, NGOs and international governments
- as well as the curriculum knowledge you will also obtain a rich historical and cultural knowledge about the countries and regions in which you may work in
- we are specialists in the delivery of languages. Your command of a language at SOAS will set you apart from graduates of other universities
The MSc programme’s emphasis on transferable analytical skills has been of great benefit to the many graduates who have returned to, or taken up, professional careers in development in international organisations, government agencies and non-government organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Political Economy and Sociology of Development
- Human and Critical Security Studies
- Understanding Violence, Conflict and Development
- Critical Insights in Forced Migration
- Partnerships Beyond Borders: NGOs, Social Movements and Civil Society in Transnational Development
- The Politics of Gender and Feminisms in Development
- Drugs, Conflict and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 110 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent). We welcome applications from academically strong individuals from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds. Candidates with a lower class degree but with degree-relevant work experience may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.