The Mathematics Learning and Teaching program of Drexel University provides you with the disposition, skills and breadth of expertise needed to implement problem-based and technology-intensive instruction that is student-centered. Ideal for teachers interested in further study and earning positions in cutting-edge mathematics learning and teaching, this program also equips you with leadership skills that will enable you to advocate better educational practices in your home school and district.
We also offer a Certificate of Graduate Study in Mathematics Learning and Teaching which consists of five 3-credit courses that prepares teachers for further study and development in exceptional mathematics teaching and learning.
- Prepares you to use students' thinking as a resource for instructional decision-making, developing activities and engaging action research projects, and creating technology-based lessons.
- Teaches two powerful educational approaches: Japanese Lesson Study, a collaborative approach for developing and refining effective math lessons; and Math Forum, in which, "problems-of-the-week" are used to engage the online math community to further your teaching skills and develop effective feedback.
- Faculty includes teacher educators, mathematicians, and school administrators with years of experience in mathematics education.
- Online coursework is ideal for working teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Using and Integrating Learning Technologies
- Evidence-Based Evaluation
- Current Research in Curriculum & Instruction
- Proportional and Algebraic Reasoning
- Geometry & Spatial Reasoning
- Data Analysis and Probabilistic & Statistical Reasoning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 343 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Provisional admission may be granted with a GPA between 2.75 and 2.99
- Current teacher certification at the middle or high school level
- Private or charter school teachers without certification can contact the program director for further evaluation, or pursue other master's degree programs and take MLT courses as electives/content courses.
- Completion of at least two semesters (or three quarters) of university calculus and at least one university mathematics course beyond university calculus
- This additional course must be offered by the mathematics department and cannot include courses on the Fundamentals of Mathematics, College Algebra, or Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers
International1007 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1007 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1007 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1007 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.