Perfect for those interested in game-based learning, instructional design, technology leadership, and more, the curriculum of the Learning Technologies program of Drexel University focuses on key tenets of educational technology and design, preparing you for technology careers within and beyond the education sector or for graduate study. You’ll learn under the guidance of School of Education faculty members who are recognized scholars and practitioners in the field, and the curriculum can be tailored to your specific needs and career goals.
What is a Master's degree in Learning Technologies?
The MS in Learning Technologies has a strong foundation in theory, practice, and research related to the core themes of the program:
- The Learning Sciences
- Instructional Design & Development
- Online & Mobile Learning
- Site-Based, Online, and Mobile Technologies
- Game-Based Learning
- Educational Technology Leadership
You'll take courses in a variety of areas related to educational technology, including Using and Integrating Education Technologies, The Learning Sciences, and Instructional Design Methods.
Throughout the master’s in educational technology online program, you'll have many opportunities for experiential learning. These provide the experience of designing and deploying your own innovative technology applications for a wide range of settings.
What jobs can you get?
A Master’s in Educational Technology may help you launch or advance a career in some fast-growing fields in a wide range of industries. Job titles commonly held by education technology graduates include:
- Corporate Training Director
- Curriculum and Assessment Director
- Director of Integrated Technology
- Director of Web Content Management
- Education Technology Consultant
- Learning Development Specialist
- Game-Based Learning Designer or Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Multimedia Developer
- School Based Education Technology Leader
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Using and Integrating Learning Technologies
- The Learning Sciences
- Technologies for Performance Support
- Foundations of Game-Based Learning
- Play & Learning in a Participatory Culture
- Instructional Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Electronics & Embedded Technology Educational Research View 55 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Provisional admission may be granted if your GPA is below 3.0
- An admissions interview is required for a GPA below 2.75
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
International1007 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1007 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1007 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1007 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.