Sitting at the top of the political agenda across the world, this is a fascinating and highly relevant field of study that offers insight into a wide-ranging cross-section of culture, politics and international relations.
Graduating from one of the few Masters degrees in the UK in terrorism and security, you’ll have plenty to talk about when it comes to interviewing for jobs in a related field.
Whether you’re interested in a role in the civil service, armed forces, intelligence agencies, police forces, private security companies, research institutions, government organisations or the media, you’ll be able to show off your ability to academically engage with important topics, and to discuss the research you’ve undertaken while completing your professional qualification. Terrorism and Security degree is offered at University of Salford .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Terrorism: Threat and Response
- Terrorism in Europe since 1945
- Contemporary Security, Intelligence and Terrorism
- The Middle East and Terrorism
- Strategic Security Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Terrorism & Security View 144 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree (normally 2.1) in Social Sciences and Humanities such as History, Politics, English, Criminology, Sociology, and International Relations. Studies within Business, Library Science, Media Studies and Computer Science also considered.
- An applicant with a 2:2 Honours Degree (or equivalent) may begin as a PgDip student.
- Applicants must have the equivalent of grade C or above, GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English.
- Applicants are asked to submit a personal statement with their application. A good personal statement explains why you want to do this course, why you want to do it now, and what skills you already have that will help you complete the course successfully.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 8 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP per year during 8 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.