Our master's introduces you to the challenges of managing building design processes and practices in industry. Using multidisciplinary approaches, you’ll learn how to balance conflicting design needs in projects such as sustainability and well-being standards. And you’ll learn how to integrate regulatory requirements with low-carbon certification and basic building physics. During the Modern Building Design course from University of Bath , you'll also explore the relationship between Building Information Modelling (BIM) and collaborative integrated design management.
Using dynamic digital modelling tools, you'll apply your knowledge to optimise low-carbon building envelope solutions. You'll put theory into practice working on live project briefs with students from different construction-related disciplines. This challenges you to solve design problems in real time while gaining an insight into multidisciplinary collaboration.
Combining your research dissertation with a three-month placement allows you to embed what you’ve learnt in a professional context. It also gives you the chance to deliver solutions to real industry problems posed by your company.
Learn from experts in the field
You’ll learn from academics who research sustainable and low-carbon development, building physics and the environment. Their expertise and international collaborations feed into teaching and contribute to your learning experience. Our research was ranked 1st in the UK in the Architecture and the Built Environment submission in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
Use specialist facilities
You'll receive training in key BIM-enabled software and will have access to extensive online software training resources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional and research skills for the construction industry
- Principles of Construction Project Management
- Integrated delivery of low carbon buildings
- Multidisciplinary project
- Professional practice placement
- Research dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 282 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have a Bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a high 2:2 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in architecture, architectural engineering, building engineering, civil engineering or environmental engineering.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28750 GBP per year during 15 months.
National13375 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13375 GBP per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.