You'll work with a faculty advisor to design a practical program of study and also complete an independent project which integrates studies, field experiences, individual reading, and work experience. While providing a wide range of professional opportunities, the online Advanced Certificate in Information Studies and Technology program is not researched-oriented, nor intended to provide credits that can be applied toward doctoral studies.
Program features of the Advanced Certificate of Information Studies and Technology program of Drexel University
- Strong technological background and a focus on teaching career skills in all the aspects of information management
- Taught by the distinguished faculty of the College of Computing and Informatics
- The MSLIS program is fully accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Highly interactive, online learning methods designed to challenge and engage, while remaining convenient for working professionals
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program consists of 8 courses that must be completed within three calendar years. This individualized plan may require coursework found in other Drexel departments or other universities. At least 4 courses must be chosen from Information Science and Technology courses.
- The eighth course is designed to be an independent study project, which integrates studies, field experiences, individual reading, and work experience
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Science & IT Electronics & Embedded Technology Informatics & Information Sciences View 175 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in an area such as library science, computer or information science, information systems, instructional technology, or software engineering that has prepared you for advanced study in your chosen area of specialization
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
International1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1342 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1342 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.