Throughout the program you will experience hands-on learning and have the added benefit of access to groundbreaking research from the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute – the first center of its kind to study autism from a public health perspective.
What is a Master's in Applied Behavior Analysis?
Designed to integrate scientific theory with proven behavioral strategies, the Applied Behavior Analysis program of Drexel University prepares you to promote positive change across a variety of settings. You will use functional analysis, social and adaptive behavior tools, and performance assessments that prepare you to care for and educate the growing community of children and adults with autism. Upon completing the coursework, you may be eligible to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination® (BCBA) exam.
This program is designed to meet the needs of such professionals as special education teachers, school psychologists, social workers, case managers, and those interested in other education and behavioral health disciplines.
Features and benefits
- Learn from the AJ Drexel Autism Institute, which boasts renowned staff who are widely-published and respected in the field
- Gain the opportunity to publish mentor-supported research projects
- Access interdisciplinary research and resources from Drexel’s academic canon
- Work with the same faculty and curriculum, and earn the same degree, as Drexel's distinguished on-campus program
You will complete core coursework as well as one of the following concentrations:
Advanced Topics in ABA
- You'll gain expanded education in the field of behavior analysis that will prepare you for advanced roles in the field or doctoral studies. This concentration provides an in-depth analysis of topics such as verbal behavior, behavioral economics, and equivalence-based instruction.
Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Take a deeper dive into the study of autism by completing a concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders, which emphasizes communication, language skills and research-based approaches.
Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellness
- Prepare to help address non-academic barriers to learning. You will learn the best techniques for building collaborative partnerships with families, patients, and the larger educational community, and developing evidence-based, age-appropriate strategies to support PreK-12 students.
What can you do with a Master's in Applied Behavior Analysis?
The MS in ABA prepares you for a number of opportunities in research, education, and behavioral health. Graduates from Drexel’s program have gone on to successful careers as social workers, behavioral analysts, educators, program coordinators, senior clinical directors, and interventionists in public and private institutions, among other careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Measurement and Experimental Design
- Behavioral Assessment and Functional Analysis
- Behavioral Interventions
- Consultation, Systems Change, and Supervision
- Ethical Considerations and Professional Conduct
- Applications of Fundamental Elements of Behavior Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 154 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Why you’re interested in this field
- Why you’re interested in attending the program at Drexel University
- Your career goals and how Drexel’s program will help you achieve them
- How this program relates to your previous education and/or work experience
- Additional requirements for International Students
International1007 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1007 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1007 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1007 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.