Deeply explore a range of security sectors—from industrial espionage to cybercrime to contemporary issues in security asset protection—with the Security Management Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
With APU’s graduate certificate in security management, you will learn about strategic decision making and how to evaluate security programs, while conducting risk-assessment analysis of computer facilities, including identifying types of threats and probabilities of occurrences.
This online program covers material typically needed by those with professional interests in executive protection and recovery, trade secret protection, background investigations, surveillance, IT security, and cybersecurity.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate the vulnerabilities, threats, and countermeasures related to assets protection
- Analyze personnel, information, and physical security
- Assess resource allocation methods as they apply to appropriate security through the use of protective services
- Conduct risk assessment analysis of computer facilities, identifying types of threats and probabilities of occurrences
- Cases in Executive Decision Making
- Assets Protection & Loss Prevention Management
- Evaluation of Security Programs
- Contemporary Issues in Security Management
- Protective Services
- Computer Crime
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership IT Security Terrorism & Security View 121 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.