Establish a solid foundation in leadership, fundraising, government relations, communications, marketing, and finance with the Nonprofit Management Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
With an eye on today’s economic and regulatory environment, this online certificate’s nonprofit management courses explore elements critical to successful nonprofit management: tax exemption and legal classifications, brand management, human resource planning, board membership development, donor systems and communications, general accounting, and public relations.
This concentrated six-course nonprofit management graduate program will help you learn how to effectively engage advocates; measure and optimize performance; leverage social media resources; build enduring partnerships; and recruit, inspire, and motivate a volunteer base.
What You Will Do
- Analyze a nonprofit organization’s structure to maximize the work of its paid and volunteer staff and board members
- Understand the legal and moral responsibilities of executives and leaders within nonprofit corporations
- Evaluate a nonprofit’s financing to ensure it is able to draw an appropriate mix of funding from the variety of streams available
- Design and implement a fundraising plan for a charitable nonprofit to supplement other funding
- Understand the meaning of tax-exempt status and how this relates to an organization’s public service obligations under the law
- Nonprofit Law, Governance, and Ethics
- The Nonprofit Organization and Executive Leadership
- Financial Management in Nonprofit Organizations
- Nonprofit Fundraising Planning and Implementation
- Local Political Administration
- Strategic Internet Marketing
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Digital Marketing View 198 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.