IT project management courses are essential training for the high-tech business world. The IT Project Management Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University provides in-depth, graduate-level knowledge of IT management, effective strategic planning, risk assessment, and business systems analysis.
It is ideal for developing more advanced project management and is a first step in gaining necessary knowledge toward seeking IT project management certification online. With this online graduate certificate, you’ll study how to integrate teams, harness key resources, identify project scope, and adapt to change. You’ll also learn real-word skills such as how to manage budgets and expectations, and see a project to fruition with qualitative results.
Gain the knowledge you’ll need to handle the simultaneous challenges of complex real-world IT projects, shrinking budgets, and short deadlines to manage projects that come in on time and under budget.
What You Will Do
- Understand IT project management elements, including project stakeholders, domains, phases, processes, integration, and lifecycle, including the phases, methodologies, and processes of the ebusiness project lifecycle
- Enhance your knowledge of potential complexities and pitfalls in initiating and closing projects and assess methods of risk mitigation
- Grow your understanding of the unique challenges in managing IT project scope, time, and cost, as well as the principles, practices, and models for organizing, allocating, and managing project resources
- Study project cost management models, methods, principles, practices, and challenges, including earned value management (EVM) principles
- Learn how to apply the qualitative and quantitative approaches of risk analysis to risk assessment and management, and the various tools, techniques, principles, and practices of quality control and quality assurance(QA/QC) programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Technology Project Management
- IT Project Management: Integration, Scope and Time
- IT Project Management: Cost and Communications
- IT Project Management: HR and Procurement
- IT Project Management: Quality and Risk
- Project Management for e-Business
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesProject Management Informatics & Information Sciences Business Intelligence & Analytics View 130 other Masters in Project Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – Present) or a combination of the following: CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+ (all 2010-Present)
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute
- Completion of CISSP certification
International6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.