In response to increasing numbers of cyberthreats, organizations need advanced cybersecurity protection from skilled people with advanced knowledge and computer forensics certifications.
In this Digital Forensics Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University, you’ll study the techniques and technologies cybercriminals use to conceal and cloak their activities, as well as the legislative methods needed for mitigation.
In addition, you will become familiar with the requirements for supporting legal proceedings in criminal and civil forensic cases, the rules for presenting evidence, and chain of custody maintenance to preserve evidence integrity.
What You Will Do
- Increase your understanding of data security, integrity, and security vulnerabilities from multifunctional devices
- Improve your knowledge of digital forensics models and the challenges in the processes for seizing electronic evidence
- Study concealment and cloaking techniques and technologies, such as cryptography, steganography, and data hiding, and corresponding legislation and mitigation techniques
- Learn how to avoid potential data breaches, understand the risks of the chain of custody, and examine the methods for mitigating a narrow window of opportunity for collecting digital evidence
- Computer Forensics
- Advanced Cybercrime Analysis
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Advanced Digital Forensics
- Advanced eDiscovery
- Information Security Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesForensic Science Computer Sciences IT Security View 230 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – present) or a combination of the following: CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification
- Completion of CISSP certification
International6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.