Cybercrime affects many organizations, such as financial institutions, government agencies, and private-sector businesses. The Cybercrime Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University offers you an advanced understanding of digital forensics tools, techniques, and methods used to detect and verify cyber terrorism, cyber warfare, cyberstalking, and cyberbullying.
Enhance your understanding of cybercrime investigation models, countermeasures, prevention methods, and federal and international cybercrime laws through our cybercrime courses. In our cybercrime classes, learn how to conduct cybercriminal investigations, and better understand the critical challenges faced by intelligence, homeland security, law enforcement, and private organizations. This certificate is ideal for heightening your knowledge of cybercrime basics without committing to a full degree.
What You Will Do
- Develop your knowledge of strategies, countermeasures, and challenges of cyber terrorism, cyber war, cyberstalking, and cyberbullying
- Understand the phases, processes, and challenges of cybercrime investigations
- Grow your familiarity with cybercrime’s technical, legal, economic, and societal issues
- Learn the principles, practices, tools, techniques, and procedures to process cybercrime scenes
- Comprehend the legal and regulatory compliance requirements in cybercrime investigation and prosecution
- Computer Forensics
- Advanced Cybercrime Analysis
- Cyber Ethics: Privacy and Intellectual Property
- Intrusion Detection and Incident Handling
- Advanced Digital Forensics
- Advanced eDiscovery
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesCriminal Law IT Security Cyber Security View 189 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – present) or a combination of the following: CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification
- Completion of CISSP certification
International6660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 12 months.
National6660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 12 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.