Begin your journey toward educational administration through the Educational Leadership M.Ed. at the American Public University. This online MEd in Educational Leadership is geared toward educators looking to develop administrative or supervisory skills for K-12 public and/or private schools online or on-campus.
Expand your knowledge of educational program management and delve into practices relating to personnel recruitment, selection, retention, and evaluation with this education administration degree.
You will also acquire strategies for coaching and mentoring teachers, study conflict resolution, and develop effective communication skills. With this master’s degree in education administration, you will explore the economics of education as well as legal, ethical, and political issues.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- K-12 Athletic Administration
- K-12 Professional Administration
- K-12 Virtual School Administration
What You Will Do
- Manage a school setting based on an awareness of historical, social, political, legal, and economic influences
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
- Develop policy, implement strategy and new programs, demonstrate problem-solving skills, analyze and respond to emerging issues and trends in education
- Manage daily school operations including recordkeeping, finances, and reports
- Show effective leadership in supervision, evaluation, professional development, legal issues, and school reform
- The Professional School Leader-Certification Track
- Critical Perspectives on Diversity and Culture
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Research Methods in Education
- Emerging Issues and Trends in Education Leadership
- Education, Law, Ethics, and Politics
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 144 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition, the following documentation is required for admission into any of the Educational Leadership program concentrations, and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU)
- Documentation of 3 years teaching experience or 3 years managerial experience in an instructional setting
International13320 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National13320 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.