In today’s competitive global environment, employers are increasingly selective in their search for competent business and finance professionals. The Master’s in Finance programmes equip you with a solid background in financial principles and practices and help to cultivate your practical finance skills and real-world business knowledge.
The Master Degree in Finance (Finance and Management) at the University of Kent is aimed at students intending to pursue a career in business, banking, financial institutions, regulatory bodies, international organisations or government institutions. In particular, it is offered to those who wish to understand international financial management in theory and practice.
This programme provides you with the latest knowledge in corporate finance, financial markets, risk management and global business management. You will learn practical key skills required in the job market to produce a relevant financial analysis of corporate companies, financial institutions or other bodies where finance is an important activity both in the public and private sectors.
You will attend a series of guest lectures delivered by experts from the City of London and senior-level decision-makers from industry.
You gain much more than an academic qualification when you graduate from Kent Business School – we enhance your student experience and accelerate your career prospects. Our finance programmes equip you with an impressive set of skills and specialist knowledge. In addition, inbuilt practical experience will help you succeed in a competitive job market.
This pathway is ideal preparation for a career in business, banking, financial institutions, regulatory bodies or government bodies. You can also enter other industries with an invaluable blend of finance and management skills.
Careers in finance continue to provide exceptional earning potential in the UK and globally; the very highest-paying job specialisms in the finance sector include structurer, trader, M&A and fund management.
Our students have an excellent record of employment. Recent graduates are now working in top global companies including AXA, BNP Paribas, FactSet, HSBC, PwC, Santander, Thomson Reuters, USB Investment Bank and Zurich Financial Services.
- 25th for Research Excellence Framework in Business and Management (REF 2014-2021)
- Top 250 globally for Business & Economics (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020)
Covid-19 – Latest updates
Kent Business School (KBS) would like to reassure all applicants that we are closely monitoring the UK Government’s advice and guidance with regards to the Covid-19 disruption. We advise you to read the latest updates from the University of Kent on the website should you have any concerns regarding teaching, accommodation, funding, travel and visas. Rest assured, KBS is implementing all the health and safety procedures necessary to ensure that we as a business School continue to operate and that our staff and students remain safe and well.At KBS, we are here to offer support to you during this uncertain time. Should you require any further information regarding your programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist you. On behalf of all at KBS, we wish everyone well during this challenging period and look forward to welcoming you soon.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Corporate Finance
- Foundations of Finance
- Corporate Responsibility and Globalisation
- International Financial Markets and Instruments
- Research Methods and Skills (Finance)
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Business in an International Perspective
- Business Report in Finance
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Ethics of International Business
- Financial Regulation and Financial Crises
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 645 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- Students who wish to apply for a higher degree should have a good honours degree from the UK (minimum 2:2) or equivalent internationally recognised qualifications in a finance, accounting, economics, business, mathematics or engineering related discipline.
- Applicants without an honours degree may also be considered on the basis of work experience, professional qualifications and the relevance of the programme to their current professional role.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, and professional qualifications and experience will also be taken into account when considering applications.
International18400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10480 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Kent Business School has a wide range of funding opportunities for postgraduate students, which include scholarships, bursaries, the Double Loyalty Scheme for University of Kent undergraduates and the KBS Early Bird Scheme. The Early Bird equates to a 10% discount on tuition fees for applicants that apply by 30 April 2020 and pay the required deposit by 31 May 2020.
For more information on funding available from The University of Kent, please visit the Student Funding page.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.