Students of the Microelectronics of Telecommunication Systems program at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) are trained to do research and development in the field of integrated circuits design as well as in micro- and nanoelectronics for up-to-date wireless telecommunications systems.
The program has been started in 2015 and has more than 30 graduates.
- the course is delivered in English;
- solid background in the field of advanced microelectronics;
- developing communication and learning skills: the ability to write coherent and consistent science papers and documents, the ability to manage your own learning and make use of primary research sources and reviews
- advanced software for computer integrated circuits simulations
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences and forums;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
There is also an option to continue studies and get PhD.
- Theory of Telecommunication Systems and Networks
- Design of Microelectronic Digital, Analog and RF Circuits
- Simulation and Optimization Methods in Integrated Circuits Design
- Physics of Integrated Circuit Technology
- Functional and Organic Microelectronics
- Microelectronics Filter Design
Upon graduation of this course one may pursue positions in R&D departments in international companies in the field of IC design for telecommunications, such as NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies, Fraunhofer Institute, ST-Microelectronics, TSMC, WinSemiconductors UMC. A possible position is “a design engineer”.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- August 01 – for applicants from countries with visa regime
- August 20 – for applicants from visa-free countries
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Communications Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Specialist’s or Master’s degree in a relevant area is required: Math and Semiconductor Physics, Circuit Theory Basics, Analog and Digital Circuitry, Basics in Digital Signal Processing
- English language proficiency - B+ (CEFR B2)
- Exam Test in a relevant field of studies
- Interview in English with a program coordinator (Skype option is available)
International4868 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4868 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 367 800 Rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.