On this programme you will consider ecological public health, the relationship of health to environment, as well as the social determinants of health and healthcare systems. By looking at current theories and concepts and through the analysis of a range of information you will develop the skills and knowledge so that on graduation you will be able to inform strategies to improve the health of communities or be well placed to continue to work towards a position of an academic researcher.
Delivered at the Knowledge Spa located on the Royal Cornwall Hospital Site in Truro this research inspired programme will include contributions from the University of Exeter Medical School's European Centre for Environment and Human Health, the Met Office, Age UK and the World Health Organisation.
Graduates of the Programme are well placed to move into a range of rapidly developing professions in environment and human health. Some examples include:
- Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Environmental Health and Protection
- Occupational Health and workplace wellbeing
- Social enterprises and SME businesses innovating in environment and human health
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Environment and Human Health
- Nature, Health and Wellbeing
- Environmental Science and Population Health
- Project Design and Grantsmanship
- Ecological Human Health
- Research Methods for Practice
- Global Public Health and Environmental Change
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 220 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Normally a minimum 2.2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Relevant clinical or professional experience may be taken into consideration as evidence of equivalency.
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Loans - Government-backed loans for Masters programmes are making postgraduate study a realistic option for the first time in years.
- You can borrow up to £10,280
- Available for any Masters programme in any subject, taught or research
- Full-time or part-time and distance learning are included
- Global Excellence Scholarship offers more than £300,000 worth of scholarships dedicated to students of outstanding academic quality applying to postgraduate programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.