Rome is at the center of debates about global heritage. With major international organizations in the city, as well as the greatest concentration of heritage monuments and works, nowhere in the world provides a better base to prepare a student for a career in this field.
Today, in order to make cultural heritage both sustainable and socially useful it is necessary to recognize the need for a multidisciplinary approach to the heritage spectrum. Those who wish to work with heritage will have to undertake many different responsibilities across many areas of expertise.
This M.A. Religious Studies at The American University of Rome shapes a new generation of professionals. Liberal Arts, Humanities and Social Science graduates acquire the management and business skills to work worldwide. Thanks to AUR’s connections and collaborations with numerous cultural institutions both in Rome, Italy and the Mediterranean, this M.A. provides practical experience in professional circumstances that will shape each student’s career.
The MA in Religious Studies is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Business for Cultural Heritage Professionals
- Contemporary Issues in Cultural Heritage
- Cultural Heritage and International Development
- Heritage Economics
- Sustainable Conservation
- Heritage Legal Frameworks
- Fundraising for Cultural Heritage Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 6 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcripts and/or university transcripts for all institution attended to date. A certified English translation is required for non-English transcripts.
- An academic recommendation letter. *please see below
- Course descriptions for all courses where credits are being transferred.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- Applicants whose native language is not English will need to supply an official TOEFL, IELTS or DUOLINGO English language proficiency results (Unless transcripts show that you have been attending an English-speaking school/university for three years or more)
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT results.
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.