The broad-based training Psychology - Psychological Intervention course from University of Luxembourg covers:
- clinical psychology, including both mental disorders in adults and children, interviewing and intervention techniques
- health psychology, focusing on theoretical aspects of health promotion, health risks as well as methods to assess psychological and biological indicators relevant for health
- other areas of applied psychology, comprising among others media psychology, cultural psychology and school psychology
The course is taught through the attendance of seminars and workshops that are assessed via written submissions, examinations and presentations. You will complete both a research-based internship lasting at least three months and a research project consisting of a master thesis, submitted at the end of the course.
MSc in Psychological Intervention students have good career prospects, especially in the fields of clinical psychology, health psychology, educational psychology, and other fields of intervention as well as in research.
Students who obtain a very good degree may apply for doctoral studies and enrol in the Faculty’s Doctoral School or attend the master’s programme in Psychotherapy.
The Master's degree also meets the prerequisites for psychotherapy training in Germany.
- School psychology
- Epigenetics and health
- Adult mental health
- Mental disorders in childhood
- Health Psychology A: theories and models
- Health Psychology: professional issues
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The Master is open to students with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (180 ECTS) in psychology.Requirements are:
- proven and potential academic excellence
- proven knowledge of research methodology
- good knowledge of both English and German (B2 CEFR in each case) - proof of knowledge of BOTH languages
- motivation for studying in an applied field
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
200 € per semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.