The curriculum is strongly influenced by the needs of industry and potential employers. It has both a theoretical and a practical focus, with field studies in a range of coastal and marine environments and a focus on sustainability and management.
You will work with other inspired scientists and students on and under the water and in the classroom to develop your specialist expertise, investigating marine management and ecology, conservation and biodiversity, approaches to sustainability and mitigation of pollution among other fascinating topics.
The Master of Marine Science and Management offered by the Southern Cross University focuses on the sustainability and management of a range of marine ecosystems. Specialist marine units include ocean change biology, pollution of the marine environment, sustainable use of the marine environment and marine research projects that can be tailored to meet the needs or interests of the individual candidate.
The degree is designed so that students can integrate studies with their existing employment. Graduates of this course will have opportunities to work as scientists, science communicators and policy makers across private and public sectors. The degree is ideal for those seeking to develop careers in fields such as:
- Marine research
- Marine management and ecology
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Marine park management
- Human impacts mitigation
- Marine-based tourism
- Biodiversity conservation
- Carbon accounting
- Governmental policy development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Frontiers in Marine Science I - Biological Systems and Management
- Frontiers in Marine Science II - Physical and Chemical Oceanography
- Advanced Marine Ecology
- Environment and Development.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Environmental Management View 42 other Masters in Environmental Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree [suggest linking to policy], plus specific requirements as indicated in the course structure tab. Students are required to have a degree considered by the University to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree. Students without a degree but with substantial relevant work experience may be admitted to a Graduate Diploma or Masters.
International4000 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 AUD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National3600 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3600 AUD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition fee is considered on a "per unit" basis.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.