The Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education and Management is offered by the Southern Cross University .
Students gain knowledge and skills within the areas of primary health, chronic disease, teaching, management and leadership, research, client self-management and counselling. They gain an in-depth knowledge of medications related to diabetes and other comorbidities, including Insulin initiation and titration and insulin pump therapy.
Diabetes educators may work within a tertiary health centre, or within primary health. They can become self-employed and work in private practice, or they can work alongside other allied health providers such as dietitians, podiatrists, physiotherapists, and psychologists. Having credentialed diabetes educators working in primary health and particularly rural and remote regions is one of the current goals of the Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA).
- Pathophysiology and Diabetes in a Global Context
- Managing Diabetes as a Chronic Condition
- Diabetes Self-management Education Theory and Practice
- Diabetes Management in Health Systems and Settings.
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Health View 110 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
- Applicants not born and not schooled in one of the countries listed in Schedule A attached to Rule 2 Section 1:
- must have completed at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) study at the level of AQF diploma (or equivalent) or above and the language in which that qualification was taught was English; or
- All applicants:
- must have successfully completed a minimum AQF Level 7 qualification in a health related discipline and have been qualified for a minimum of one year; or
- be registered as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) for a minimum of one year.
National2800 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2800 AUD per module and a duration of 8 months.
- Tuition fee is considered on a "per unit" basis.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!