UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc.
Part of a collaborative education partnership with the University of Florida, the University of Edinburgh, the University of Lausanne and Western Sydney University, this truly unique two-year (full-time) online course will give you a scientifically competitive advantage, preparing you for employment across a range of sectors, including in forensic labs, drug assessment agencies and the environmental monitoring sector.
There is no requirement for on-campus attendance across the course, and the flexibility available in terms of unit choice, workload, and full-time or part-time delivery makes it ideal if you are already in full-time employment. You will graduate with a sought-after degree from the University of Canberra , and the knowledge, skills and ambition to succeed in the exciting world of forensics.
Study a Master of Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (online) from University of Canberra and you will:
- acquire a critical understanding of the investigative and analytical concepts relating to forensic science
- apply your deeper knowledge to the collection, processing and analysis of evidence
- master the skills to be flexible and responsive in the broad range of situations that confront forensic investigators
- undertake a research project (typically within your current place of work)
- learn to work within the legal and regulatory requirements for forensics professionals and as an expert witness.
- Sessional academic
- Forensic laboratory technician
- Forensic officer
- Forensic toxicologist
- Laboratory scientist
- Forensic analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Criminalistics
- Environmental Forensics
- Research Project-Forensic
- Forensic Security: Biological Agents
- Forensic Security: Explosives
- Forensic Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Forensic Science Criminology View 14 other Masters in Criminology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must meet the normal requirements for admission to a masters course or hold qualifications deemed by the University to be equivalent. Applicants should hold an undergraduate science degree, and it is highly recommended that they have satisfactorily completed a chemistry and/or biochemistry subject at the equivalent of a second year bachelor degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National17100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17100 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.