This Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages program from Deakin University is designed to provide graduates with a comprehensive grounding in the theory and practice of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Two streams are available in the Master of TESOL, and the four core units in each stream also form an embedded graduate certificate, differentiated as follows:
- Stream A For students with an existing teaching qualification for primary or secondary teaching in Australia (or an overseas teaching qualification recognised in Australia for purposes of registration), who wish to work as a TESOL specialist in any sector, including adult, in Australia or overseas. *Stream A applies only to candidates eligible for teacher registration in Australia)
- Stream B For students who are not eligible for teacher registration in Australia (primary or secondary); Stream B students may already be working in the adult TESOL sector in Australia, or may be working or wish to seek employment overseas.
This course is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for professional practice in the field of teaching English to speakers of other languages. Students with an existing registration for primary or secondary teaching in Australia can gain professional recognition for TESOL as a specialist teaching method area.
The course also provides professional development for teaching English to speakers of other languages in adult education contexts and for teaching English overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pedagogy for EAL Classrooms
- Innovation in Language Curriculum
- Pedagogic Grammar
- Reflective Practice in EAL and Languages Classrooms
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching English View 32 other Masters in Languages in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission is based on:
- Bachelor degree in Education
- Bachelor degree with a major sequence in the field of Education, whether or not it is an initial teacher qualification
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline in language studies, including linguistics, English language studies, or translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National23200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23200 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.