Set yourself up for career progression in an evolving field by studying the Master of International and Community Development . With new expertise, you’ll be able to take the lead on development programs that promote justice, reduce poverty and create environments for people to lead sustainable, fulfilling lives.
The International and Community Development course at Deakin University is the largest, longest-running and most reputable course of its type in Australia.
You’ll graduate from this course with sought-after skills that open the door to a wide range of opportunities, both in Australia and internationally. Your practical experience will prepare you for leadership roles within all organisations that respond to challenges relating to social justice, empowerment, poverty and community development. These include:
- international and domestic non-government organisations
- government agencies
- local community organisations, councils and other civil society actors
- Commonwealth departments such as the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- international aid and development agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- bilateral and multilateral agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design
- Community Development Theory and Practice
- Participatory and Community Development Practice
- Political Development Record
- The Development Project Cycle
- International and Community Development Internship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Development Community Development View 5 other Masters in Community Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission is based on:
- Bachelor honours (AQF8) degree in a related discipline or
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline, plus two years relevant work experience or
- Graduate certificate or graduate diploma in a related discipline or
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
National22600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22600 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.