The academic side of the course is rigorous and challenging. You’ll develop a clear understanding of the theory. Through work placements, you’ll become a confident, skilled practitioner.
- We’re working in collaboration with the four local authorities in South Yorkshire to lead the way for social work education.
- This means that you’ll benefit from a Social Work curriculum from University of Sheffield that is enhanced by increased collaboration with placement providers and employment agencies.
This degree makes you eligible to apply for registration with Social Work England as a qualified social worker.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Law and Social Policy for Social Work
- Social Work Practice - Contexts, Values and Skills
- Human Growth and development through the Life Course for Social Workers
- Readiness for Practice Placement One
- Practice Placement One
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Corporate Social Responsibility View 45 other Masters in Corporate Social Responsibility in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree. We can accept a 2:2 if you have a lot of relevant work experience, which can include voluntary work.
- You must have GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above. We accept alternatives to this, including: a minimum 12 credits for Mathematics or English GCSE equivalent unit, providing these are approved university and Access Validating Agency units. We also accept level 2 adult numeracy and literacy as valid substitutes, but not application of number.
- Before joining the course, you will be expected to have basic IT skills, including being able to use the internet, word processing software and email.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.