A child’s early years are key to predicting their success in school and life. Their early learning experiences are critical determining factors for their emotional, social and intellectual development. When they are exposed to high-quality early educational opportunities, their trajectory for success is greatly improved.
The Early Childhood program at Macquarie University includes studies on child development, play, infant and toddler curriculum and pedagogies, creative arts, policy, language and literacy, STEM, and management and leadership in early childhood contexts.
You’ll learn about current research and new developments in curriculum, pedagogy and leadership in early childhood settings, and engage critically in theoretical and policy debates of importance to those working with young children and their families.
- Administrator in early childhood contexts
- Early childhood education researcher in a tertiary institution or not-for-profit organisation
- Early childhood education specialist/professional/consultant/adviser
- Early childhood media and publishing professional
- Early childhood policy or curriculum developer
- Leadership roles in early childhood contexts
- Tertiary educator in early childhood
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Research
- Independent Education Project
- EDST8510 Innovation and Change in Educational Organisations
- Families in Context
- Pedagogical Approaches to Early Childhood Curriculum
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International students: It is a good idea to apply at least two to three months before Session begins.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Early Childhood Education View 62 other Masters in Educational Research in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 083783K
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in early childhood or include a major in early childhood and/or approved by Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) or recognised equivalent
- Approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31000 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6684 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6684 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.