The Social Work program at Monash University provides you with the context, professionalism, knowledge and skills you’ll need as a social worker. Your studies start with the foundations of social work - from the history of social work in Australia, to social policy, welfare systems, and social work research.
With a Monash degree in social work, you will be ready to practice in a range of settings, and work with people of all ages and backgrounds. Social work is a career with strong projected employment growth, and our qualification enables you to practice as a social worker both locally in Australia or around the world.
Social workers empower people and drive important change - whether that’s working one-on-one, as part of a team of professionals, or by shaping policy.
The course is accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to practice
- Research for social work practice
- Foundations for social work practice
- Assessment and intervention 1: Working with families
- Assessment and intervention 2: Working with communities and groups
- Planning for supervised professional practice placement
- Recovery and trauma in social work – Health and mental practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 57 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 090746A
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent), with at least a credit (60%) average, and successful completion of two units in the study of society.
- Units fulfilling the prerequisite studies of society are broadly assessed and include, for example, studies in sociology, social science, social psychology, human development, anthropology, philosophy, history, gender, law, politics, media, the arts, technology, and multicultural society.
- Past academic standing is also a significant factor in selection. Students are selected on academic merit and the completion of two broad studies of society.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National24900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24900 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.