Information management is a critical success factor affecting almost any organization. In today's digital age, the speedy and accurate sharing of the right information to the right people is essential for success. It is an aspect of business management that cuts across business functions and has multiple implications for the challenges facing organizations today, from harnessing big data, to managing employees and complying with data protection legislation.
The Information Management and Business Technology programme at Loughborough University will enable you to develop key skills that employers value, including managing business relationships, IT systems, data science projects and information architecture to name a few. It is designed to develop you into a ‘hybrid’ manager who is able to bridge the gap between technical and managerial perspectives and is equipped with the technical, professional and management knowledge and skills needed by employers.
Information Management and Business Technology MSc programme has been developed with industry to address the short-fall in hybrid managers and so doing, to provide graduates with hybrid information management and business technology knowledge and experience.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- Advanced Computer Software Group Plc, IT Manager
- Alliance Boots, Trainee Manager
- Amtec Developments, Project Manager
- FESCO, Security Engineer
- IBM Client Innovation Centre, Project finance analyst
- Loughborough University, studying for a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Relationships Management
- IT Services Management
- Collaborative Working with Technology
- Information Architecture
- Knowledge Management Strategies
- Data Science
- Business Models and New Technologies
- Leadership and Project Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Technology Management Business Information Systems View 55 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (good 2:2 of 55% or above) or equivalent overseas qualification, preferably in a business or information technology-related subject.
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The fee stated is for a full-time student. Part-time students should divide the fee by 180 credits and then multiply by the number of credits they are taking to calculate their tuition.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.