At the heart of every economy, finance offers a world of interesting, challenging and highly lucrative career paths. The Financial Management programme from University of Birmingham is designed to strengthen the knowledge and skills you need to work in financial management and provide you with a significant edge in the competitive global sector.
Why study MSc Financial Management at Birmingham?
- Financial Management graduates are in high demand from a wide range of top employers for their specialist skills. Our ever-growing relationship with key employers in the sector will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations.
- You will study a variety of innovative topics that will prepare you for a global career, including foreign exchange markets, international treasury management, ethics, governance and regulation in treasury. You will gain knowledge of real-world investment challenges with an emphasis on ethical and sustainable business practices.
- You could choose a pathway with MSc Financial Management to achieve two ACT professional qualifications. By choosing the specific optional modules and completing the requirements, you will receive the Certificate in Treasury (CertT) and the Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals (CertTF), as well as your degree.
Graduates will leave Birmingham perfectly placed to take up key financial management roles in a variety of organisations, throughout all sectors of business, industry and commerce. Some may begin their training in firms of chartered or certified accountants, whilst others may work within charities, health authorities, local government, banks, media, manufacturing industries and IT companies.
Top jobs in financial management include:
- Financial accountant
- Financial analyst
- Chartered management accountant
- Management consultant
- Financial advisor
- Mortgage advisor
- Investment banker
- Corporate Financial Management
- Ethics, Governance and Regulation in Treasury
- Financial Modelling Techniques
- Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation
- Alternative Finance
- International Financial Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Financial Mathematics View 1778 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent. You must have obtained good grades in mathematical related modules at undergraduate level.
- GCE A-Level grade D or better or overseas equivalent in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics or Statistics can be considered for meeting the mathematical module requirement. If you would like A-Level (or equivalent) qualifications to be considered as part of your application, please upload evidence of these results when making an application. We can only consider these qualifications if they are submitted as part of the admissions application.
International27932 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27932 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National17730 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17730 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.