What will you learn?
This programme covers the concepts and methods of quality management as a holistic framework. It also covers the contribution of various other disciplines to quality management.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems from Massey University focuses on raising your skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- quality management and its component aspects (inspection, quality control, assurance and continual improvement
- contemporary quality thinking and methods including statistical thinking, systems thinking, business excellence, lean and six sigma improvement
- the application of management theory to quality systems
- leadership in the context of modern organisational systems.
Courses include quality systems design, lean management, six sigma statistical analysis, value chain management, quality improvement and research methods and skills.
A broad understanding
The Postgraduate Diploma will help you develop into a manager with an appreciation of the various functions that co-exist and inter-relate in a quality organisation. You’ll gain a practical awareness and broad appreciation of the role of these functions. You’ll be able to interact with and use them in an informed and effective manner to help control and improve manufacturing or service-oriented processes.
You will benefit from your lecturers’ real-world experience and continual involvement in research and academic debate around key quality issues. Award-winning, they are widely published in key international journals and have held senior roles in international industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Value Chain Management
- Research Methods and Skills
- Quality Improvement
- Quality System Development and Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Management in Organisations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Management, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 6 other Masters in Industrial Design in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To enter the Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Systems you will:
- have been awarded or qualified for a university degree with a relevant major, or equivalent, with a B- grade average or higher over the qualifying 300-level courses and have completed at least two years of relevant professional experience, or
- have been awarded or qualified for the Graduate Diploma in Quality Systems, or equivalent, with a B- grade average or higher, and completed at least two years of relevant professional experience, or
- have demonstrated at least five years of relevant professional experience, including completion of appropriate professional qualifications or equivalent, via a portfolio, and an interview at the discretion of the University.
International26181 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26181 USD per year during 12 months.
National5310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5310 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic students: $7,409.30 to 11,600.00
- International students: $37,210.00
Living costs for Palmerston North
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.