The Policy Analysis and Public Administration programme at University of Ljubljana focuses on the systematic analysis of contemporary issues of public administration, public policies and democratic governance principles and practices, particularly taking into account EU multi-level governance. It comprises knowledge of the theories and processes of democracy and representation, current issues on public service management and governance, as well as individual public policies. Very special attention is devoted to the methodology of social sciences in general and policy analysis in particular.
The specific aim of the study programme is to contribute to the development of academic and applied analytical and methodological skills in the management and governance of public policies and administration, and to understand the particularities of those operations for the political administration, as well as wider subsystems of society.
Employment opportunities for Master degree holders exist in all areas of the public sector (e.g. local, national, EU, international decision-making and governmental bodies and public administration), in different professional and other associations (political parties, non-governmental organizations, unions, research communities, consultant and advocacy services, think-tanks), in the mass media and also economic enterprises.
- Administrative and political management
- Policy Analysis
- Comparative Social Research - methods and research designs
- Representation and Democracy
- Public policies
- Contemporary public administration theories
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
2nd application period (only for EU candidates): from 20 August till 11 September (only for programmes with free places after 1st application period).
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Political Science View 4 other Masters in Political Science in Slovenia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- completed at least a 1st level study program in any field, or an equivalent study program obtained according to previous regulations in the Republic of Slovenia or abroad, and accumulated 240 credits;
- completed at least a 1st level study program in any field, obtained according to previous regulations in the Republic of Slovenia or abroad, and accumulated 180 credits if, prior to enrolment, they have completed study obligations essential for the continuation of studies in the range of 60 credits. These obligations are determined by the vice dean.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Ljubljana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.