Language and Communication Impairment in Children degree offered at University of Sheffield will help you develop your understanding of speech, language and communication and build on your existing skills.
The course is delivered online, by distance learning, so you can gain a specialist qualification without having to leave your current job.
We provide material online for weekly study across the full calendar year. There are two or three (optional) study weekends per year in Sheffield.
Essential reading material is available electronically. Online activities support your study and build links with tutors and other students.
Modules are normally assessed by written assignments.
MSc students are also assessed on their research dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children’s Learning
- Language and Communication
- Spoken and Written Language
- Developing an Evidence Base for Practice
- Research Methods A
- Research Methods B (optional for PGDip)
- Case Study
- Research Methods B
- Developmental Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Specific Language Impairment
- Language and Behaviour
- Language and Environment
- Learning Difficulties
- Hearing Impairment
- Auditory Processing Difficulties
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Multilingual Contexts
- Early Years
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Language Studies Linguistics View 45 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- For the MSc: Minimum 2:1 honours degree and two years’ relevant work experience with children.
- For the PGCert/PGDip: A degree-level professional qualification, or a first degree, plus at least two years’ experience of working with children.
International2833 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2833 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2833 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2833 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.