This Master of Nursing offered at Edith Cowan University provides Registered Nurses with an opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge of contemporary health care practice and the skills to apply this knowledge to practice within a national and international context.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Reflect critically on a complex body of contemporary health care system knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery of nursing practice.
- Apply cognitive and creative analytical skills to investigate, evaluate and synthesise complex concepts and theories in authentic practice settings and contexts.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to design innovative contributions to professional practice.
- Use high level self-management skills to initiate, plan and develop a project.
Career OpportunitiesGraduates from this program will have enhanced employment prospects in a range of health care settings and contexts. A master’s level qualification is a minimum requirement for senior leadership and clinical roles in most health care organisations. The diversity of subject areas within this program also enhances the employment opportunities for graduates both in the domestic and international markets.
- Research Preparation: Principles and Approaches
- Professional Issues in Clinical Nursing
- Literature Review
- Teaching and Learning in the Clinical Setting
- Coaching & Mentoring in the Clinical Setting
- Master's Project Proposal
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesNursing View 74 other Masters in Nursing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 096859K
The following course-specific admission requirements are mandatory and must be satisfied by all applicants. These requirements are in addition to or supersede the minimum requirements outlined within the Academic admission requirements band section below.
All applicants are required to have a Bachelor degree in nursing. Applicants with equivalent prior learning must have two years full-time (or equivalent) post registration professional practice, and submit a current curriculum vitae.Academic admission requirements (Band 8) may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline; or
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience.
International35600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National22600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.