You'll be supported by an internationally-recognised and highly active biomedicine science group with varied research interests and links with healthcare industries, research institutes and the NHS.
- Employment in hospitals, NHS, local government or health and safety divisions in various roles including research, Research & Development (R&D), management and consultancy.
- Employment in industrial settings from smaller medical biotechnology enterprises to global pharmaceutical companies.
- Progression to PhD to follow an academic career.
- If you currently work in the biomedical sector, this programme will enhance your prospects for career progression.
During your study, you will develop a detailed knowledge of key concepts in immunology, toxicology, pharmacology and disease biology and learn how these disciplines are applied in biomedical science.
You’ll gain critical understanding of specialist research areas and unique insights into the challenges currently facing biomedical science.
You’ll also acquire an in-depth appreciation of research and development practices in the healthcare industries through guest lectures and site visits to specialised laboratories. These experiences will allow you to explore and critique issues of relevance to professional working practice, enhancing your skills in evidence-based decision making.
There is an emphasis on developing your practical laboratory skills with various opportunities for hands-on experience in a range of current techniques and practices.
In your final trimester you’ll undertake an independent project within a vibrant biomedical research team, allowing you to apply and further develop your technical, research and professional skills. There may be the opportunity to conduct your research project externally in a relevant organisation or industry.
You’ll also develop key skills including communication, problem solving, team work, project management, and leadership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Immunology
- Biology of Disease and Therapeutics
- Drug Design and Chemotherapy
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Microbial Infection
- Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesBiomedicine Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 277 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The entry requirements for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at a 2:2 or above, or equivalent.
- We look for applicants to have a background in bio-molecular sciences such as biological sciences, biotechnology, molecular biology, immunology, virology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, human biology, pharmacology, microbiology, forensic biology in order to be eligible for the programme.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient relevant work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17370 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6720 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6720 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland - £6,720
- Overseas and EU - £17,370
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.