You will learn to:
- make high level, independent judgements in the forensic setting;
- gain sound knowledge of medico-legal principles;
- gain the skills to clearly communicate medico-legal issues to the justice system; prepare effective and objective medico-legal reports;
- critically evaluate the ethical and legal issues arising in forensic medical practice, and
- interpret wounds and injury patterns.
On completion of this Forensic Medicine program at Monash University , you will have developed a range of skills equipping you with the necessary attributes to work in the fields of forensic medicine, dentistry, or science within the parameters of the justice system.
The guiding philosophy of this course is to establish robust academic standards in the practice of clinical forensic medicine, forensic odontology, and forensic medical science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical evidence
- Ethics, medicine and the law
- Elements of the forensic sciences
- Research in advanced health professional practice
- Injury interpretation
- Non accidental injury in childhood
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 125 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS provider 00008C
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (or equivalent) AND current employment in clinical practice with a minimum of three years experience
- satisfactory proof of appropriate current professional medical registration in your current country of residency and practice (e.g. Australian Citizens & Permanent Resident Visa holders, must hold current professional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35900 AUD per year during 36 months.
National30500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30500 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.