The Sustainable Aquaculture at the University of St Andrews is a distance learning modular programme is taught part time via an online e-learning platform offering online tutorial support, direct email contact with tutors, video streams and access to student bulletin boards. This structure allows students the maximum flexibility to complete their studies while continuing in their employment.
- Flexible modular e-learning allows students to complete their studies while continuing in their employment.
- The course uses an online e-learning platform with tutorial support, direct contact with tutors, video steam and access to student bulletin boards.
Graduates will typically pursue a career in higher level management, research and development or business development within the global aquaculture business.
The Careers Centre offers one-to-one advice to all students on a taught postgraduate course and offers a programme of events to assist students to build their employability skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Biology for Aquaculture
- Nutrition for Aquaculture
- Health and Disease
- Management, Husbandry and Sustainability
- Markets, Products, Processing and Food Safety
- Local and Global Impacts of Aquaculture
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant biological science. Entry will also be offered following successful completion of the Undergraduate Certificate in Sustainable Aquaculture in conjunction with additional evidence of relevant professional experiential learning.
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- English language requirements certificate
- covering letter or letter of intent (optional).
International23090 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23090 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA23090 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23090 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
Postgraduate diploma: £15,400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.